Installing in the cgi-bin directory
Perhaps, due to some specific settings of your server or for some other reasons, you
would like to install indexsoft Site-Up in the 'cgi-bin' directory (a special directory for keeping CGI scripts).
- As well as in the previous installation variant, copy all files and directories, except the 'htmlarea' directory, to the selected directory in the 'cgi-bin' directory (as well as in the previous example, let it be 'admin').
- The 'htmlarea' directory must be copied to the document root directory of your web server.
- Set the executable rights for every 'cgi' file to 755 (or to 711 or even to 700 if your server allows it).
- Type something like http://your_domain/cgi-bin/admin/index.cgi in your browser.
- At the bottom of the main window of indexsoft Site-Up click 'configure' and change the value of the parameter 'HTMLarea URL' specifying the correct URL to the 'htmlarea' directory. As a rule, it should be '/htmlarea' if you have not changed the name of the directory.
- Press 'Save changes' to save the changes.
And the installation process of indexsoft Site-Up is over!